- Take great care when dealing with wasps as they have a potent sting and can attack if disturbed or threatened. A wasp trapped indoors can be dealt with using a wasp and fly killer spray.
- To locate a wasps’ nest, watch the flight path of the returning insects.
- If the wasps’ nest is near the house, keep nearby doors and windows closed. If you suspect the nest is in the loft, take great care when entering the roof space as the wasps may see this as an aggressive threat to their nest.
- Do not attempt DIY wasp treatment if you suspect you are sensitive to wasp stings, if the nest is indoors or the nest is difficult to access. Never attempt to treat a wasps’ nest when on a ladder or from a raised height.
- Wasp and hornet swarms are dangerous – if in any doubt seek professional, expert, help.
More about Wasp Nest Treatment